So with all of the grilled protein options we have given you over the weeks, I wanted to share my favorite grilled carb! Grilled Sweet Potatoes! Not only are you getting the healthy carb option for anything you grill this summer but the taste is out of this world! I hope you enjoy! Here is the
2 pounds sweet potatoes
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Kosher salt
Slices of sweet potatoes grilled and slathered with a cilantro-lime dressing.
Prep time:20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt
- Prepare the grill, prep the sweet potatoes: Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat.
- While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces.
- Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Make cilantro lime dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
- Grill the sweet potatoes: Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
- Toss with dressing: Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.