Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple
by Jeffrey McCarrell on June 24, 2019
Who's ready for tacos every night of the week? I'm a big fan of tacos and can have them any day of the week. This Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa recipe is not only delicious but super easy to make.
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Pinch of sugar
1/4 medium pineapple, peeled, cored, cut lengthwise into spears, then crosswise 1/2 inch thick (about 2 cups)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/4 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined
1 tablespoon Sriracha
Freshly ground black pepper
8 corn tortillas, warmed
1 avocado, sliced
1 jalapeno, very thinly sliced, seeds removed if desired
1/2 cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
Lime wedges (for serving)
- Place a rack in the highest position in the oven; heat broiler. Toss red onion, lime juice, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Toss pineapple and 1 Tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer on half of the baking sheet; reserve bowl. Broil pineapple until lightly charred around the edges, 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp, Sriracha, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a reserved bowl until shrimp are evenly coated; season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Remove baking sheet from broiler and use a spatula to turn pineapple pieces over. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on the empty half of baking sheet. Broil until shrimp are cooked through on top, about 2 minutes. If your shrimp are opaque and springy to the touch, they're done. Remove from broiler and turn shrimp (leave pineapple alone). Broil again until shrimp are cooked through, 1-2 minutes. Transfer shrimp and pineapple to a large bowl and season with more salt and pepper.
- Drain soaking liquid from onion into the bowl with shrimp and pineapple; set onion aside and toss shrimp and pineapple in the pickling liquid.
- Serve shrimp mixture with tortillas, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, lime wedges, and reserved pickled onion for making tacos.