You're looking for weight loss tips because you want to do Thanksgiving differently this year, right?
Usually, you eat until you're stuffed then fall asleep on the couch and wake up in the 4th quarter of some football game.
Aside from typical over consumption of food and alcohol, it's usually just the result of too many carb-heavy foods and throwing your usual healthy diet out the window.
Mashed potatoes, corn bread, stuffing, and pumpkin pie-oh my!-all of those starchy carbs can quickly raise blood sugar, and may encourage sleep.
This year, begin a new tradition. Eat a little less, drink a little more, feel a lot better, and maybe you won't even need the nap.
- Start the Day with a hearty breakfast and exercise.
- Have low(zero) Carbohydrates snacks available such as cheeses, meats, nuts and berries.
- Don't starve yourself all day; you'll overeat during the main meal
- Before you start eating, drink 2 glasses of water
- Stop eating just before you're full, your brain takes 20 mins to register that you are full
- When you are done eating, leave the dinner table! Otherwise, you may just keep eating.
- Limit starches likes potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes; make sure two-thirds of your plate is filled with healthy vegetables
- If you going to have whipped cream on your pumpkin pie, make sure its the real thing. 100% whipped cream, not "whipped Toppings"
- watch the salt, since too much will result in weight gain